Instagram: It’s there, It’s Free. Use it.
If you are not active on Instagram and you own a restaurant—we at waterproofmenu.com are here to tell you that it’s about time you make the move.
With more than 300 million active users and 70 million photos posted every day on this social media platform, it’s really a no-brainer for any business, and your restaurant is no exception.
From posting restaurant specials and foodie shots to fun pictures of your family and community goings-on, being active on Instagram builds a connection between you and your customers (and potential ones as well) 365 days a year—not just when they come in to eat. And connection often translates into loyalty.
Not to mention, it gives you a chance to flex your creative muscles and market your restaurant in a fun way—whether it’s quirky or inspirational. And the result is bound to bring more hungry customers coming through the door.
Here are some tips/reasons/ideas on how it can work for your restaurant:
- You Just Don’t Want to Miss This. Use Instagram to announce new menu items, Friday night or early bird specials, drink deals and what bands are coming. Remember, it’s a free advertising tool. Use it.
- Look at Me! Encourage customers to take selfies while having fun and enjoying good food at your restaurant. Sponsor an Instagram photo contest that includes restaurant coupons, free meals or appetizers and other incentives.
- Share, Share, Share. As you upload your photos to Instagram, be sure to share it on your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts as well. And remember, use a hashtag or two to increase your chances of being seen. And don’t forget geotagging!
- Tell your story. Instagram is the perfect way to let your customers learn a little bit more about who is serving them. Let them get to know you, your family and your identity. It’s what builds connects them to you and your staff.
- It’s Good to Be a Follower. Be sure to follow your followers. It shows that you are interested in them too. Comment on their comments. Build a relationship.
- Be a regular. Studies show that it’s more effective for businesses to post every few days rather than everyday or posting too much at one time. Post in real time. It’s what customers like to see.
But not so fast. Before you get started, be sure your customers know you are on Instagram. You can do this by placing your name and the Instagram logo on a card and placing it on your restaurant menus, the door of your establishment or at the cash register. And finally, have fun with this free advertising tool. Remember that your posts are a way to connect your customers to you—so show off all you have to offer!